Just like your tongue speaks a lot of your personality through the words you say, it speaks a lot about your oral health too! Maintaining a good oral health is an essential component of your overall health development. Let us see today what it tells us!
1) Bad Breath: The wastes from bacteria in the mouth, the decay of food particles and poor oral hygiene leads to the odor. To eliminate the bad breath, remove bacteria from the back of your tongue with a soft bristle brush.
2) Red and Swollen Tongue: If a red tongue is accompanied with a sore throat and high fever, it is best that you visit a doctor. These symptoms are usually of scarlet fever or even vitamin deficiency. Visiting a dentist or a doctor could prove helpful in treating these symptoms.
3) Ridges on tongue: Some tongues have ridges or indentations and is nothing to worry about as they are result of how your teeth press against your tongue. However, they can also be symptoms of fissured tongue. This is something that you are born with and it’s nothing to be worried about.
4) Striped Tongue: If your tongue appears to have strips it could be the result of your immune system fighting off cells in your mouth. If this is the case, you can also experience dry mouth. This could turn into a serious condition if ignored and could also point to some gum diseases or breakdown. Consult a dentist as soon as possible and consider taking extra care of your oral hygiene.
5) White Patches: This is not necessarily an indication of bad oral health, but it can be a result of overgrowth of yeast in the mouth. Consider increasing brushing and using mouthwash.
6) Coated white tongue: Again, it is nothing to wear worry about as it is often a result of dehydration. It could also be because of overgrowth of candida. Use a good mouthwash at least twice a day!
Tongues tell a lot about your oral hygiene! Get your mouth checked today and see if you need any treatment of enhancement of oral hygiene. Book an appointment with 32 Smiles today!
VISIT US AT HTTP://32SMILES.IN/
112, First Floor, Jewel Square,
Near Taj Blue Diamond,
Contact Number: (020)-41287079
1321/1, Premium Point, Opp. Modern
High school, Near Titan Showroom,
J. M. Road, Shivaji Nagar,
Contact Number: (020)-41297079 / 9421586645
Monday to Saturday: 9.30 am. to 8.30 pm.