CBCT or Dental Cone Beam Computed Tomography is an X-ray equipment which is used in cased where regular facial or dental x-rays do not solve the purpose. It is special x-ray machine that produces 3D (3 dimensional) images of the teeth, nerve pathways, surrounding soft tissue and the bone in a single scan.
This scan is a non-invasive procedure and requires no special preparation. If you need a CBCT, you may be asked to remove your jewelry and may be asked to change into a medical gown. Women may be asked if they are pregnant, which is a normal procedure for X-ray.
Uses of CBCT
CBCT is not the same as the conventional X-ray; it causes more exposure than the normal X-rays. This is the reason it is not done on a routine basis. This scan is powerful enough to create a 3D image of the affected tooth, its nearby tissues, bone and even the nerve paths inside them. This helps doctors get a clear picture of the issue and they can find better solutions for cases where implantation may be needed.
A cone-beam CT moves a cone-shaped beam around the patient and captures a number of images, which are called views. These views are combines to create a 3D picture. This is similar to a CT scan in terms of the high-quality images. CBCT was infact created to develop a method of getting high-quality images using the less expensive and smaller machine. CBCT also has less radiation exposure as compared to CT scan.
3D SCANNING – A new edge technology at 32Smiles
Do you want to foresee your treatment results at the start of your treatment? Are you apprehensive regarding the outcome of your treatment? Do you want to see the amount of correct that can be achieved with orthodontic treatment?
If yes, then here is the solution:
All these things can be made possible today with this latest technology. 3D scanning is a new edge technology which is emerging in the field of dentistry.
Originally the dentists used to make impressions of a patient’s teeth with the help of impression materials. But there are various disadvantages of the conventional technique:
Disadvantages of impression making:
- Time-consuming procedure
- Requires more chairside time
- More prone to errors
- Difficult for patients with gagging sensations and many more.
Advantages of 3D scanning:
- With scanning, one can directly capture a patient’s intraoral image easily with the help of a scanner.
- It gives advantages of less chairside time, more accuracy, and comfort to the patients.
- By the use of this technology, you can see the end results of your treatment by doing a 3D scan of your oral cavity.
- If you have crooked teeth with gaps, the scanner software has the facility of showing the pre and post-treatment results to the patients which helps the patients to foresee their treatment results and help them alleviate their anxiety.
- Also, 3D scanners can be used for the fabrication of crowns and appliances. The fit of crowns and bridges is improved.
- The 3D scanning technology has opened new avenues in the field of dentistry. It is a comfortable and patient-friendly replacement to the older impression techniques!
It’s a very recent, revolutionized advance Dentistry used in Crown & Bridge Prosthesis to do the crowns, laminates, inlays, and onlays with the lab support.
These devices have considerably reduced the time and discomfort experienced by the patient during the treatment. And what’s more, It:
- Ensured 100% precision,
- Increased crown strength
- Excellent esthetics and more natural look
- No chance of chipping crown
The Invisalign technique takes a modern approach towards straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created especially for you.
Armed with the latest in technology, all your laser dental treatments at 32smiles are guaranteed with less or no pain, less or no bleeding and less or no anesthesia.
Anyone that has ever had a fear of the dentist will be pleasantly surprised once they experience dental treatment with the laser.
It is indicated in painless Gum surgeries and Root canal treatment, teeth whitening, crown lengthening, T.M.J. Pain cases, dental bonding and many more cases.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Decreased post operative sensitivity
- Great for kids and adults
- Unique, high-tech dental experience
- Minimal or no anesthesia
- Minimal bleeding
- More controlled swelling
- Reduced post-operative infection/discomfort
- Less chance of infection
- Reduced time in dentist’s office
- Less pain
- Enhances the effect of tooth whitening
- Faster healing
- Preservation of tooth structure
- A more sterilized environment (dental laser kills bacteria)
- For the treatment of Cancer sore and Herpes lesions, the LASER can actually decrease the pain experienced from these sores
A new technique to reduce treatment timing in adult patients. Here instead of molar teeth the bone used as the anchor area with mini-implant, which dramatically reduces friction between braces & wire and moves teeth at a faster rate, thereby further reduces treatment timings. We have treated a number of cases with this painless technique with the best results.
Self Ligating Braces
A different type of friction less metal bracket sometimes called “Fast Braces.” This is a patented technique that result in less pain and sensitivity, and completes treatment faster than traditional brackets. Self-ligating brackets do not contain rubber ligatures, so staining will never be a problem. However orthodontists need special training in these systems, and they not available everywhere.
Lingual braces are placed behind your teeth and are therefore virtually invisible to other people. These braces are mainly indicated in an adult patient who is very active socially & does not want show his braces at all.