Who doesn’t want a brighter smile! Almost everybody cares for good looking whiter teeth that add a shine to your smile. While there is a variety of solutions available, people would consider giving a try to natural methods.
Here are few natural teeth whitening methods:
A.From the kitchen-
1. Crunchy food – An apple a day keeps a doctor away! Malic acid in apple is known to dissolve stains. Other foods like cucumber, broccoli, celery and carrots are also simple natural whiteners.
2. Fruits – Fruits with tooth whitening abilities like Strawberries are one of the popular home remedies for bleaching. Try rubbing strawberries on your teeth. Use of lemons, a very popular and old method to use it with salt. Consuming raisins help to induce a higher level of saliva which rinses the plaque away and prevents build up. Rubbing banana peel on your teeth also gives you visible whitening effect. Note- Brush your teeth with regular toothpaste and toothbrush after using fruits like strawberries and lemon.
3. Eat cheese! Say Cheese! – Sounds weird but yes, eating a bit of cheese after meal can potentially promote enamel remineralisation.
4. Milk and yoghurt keep teeth sparkling and cavity free too, because of high contents of Calcium and phosphorus.
B. With everyday products –
1. Baking Soda – Use of baking soda is the oldest method known to mankind. It has been used for bleaching for centuries, even before the invention of toothpaste. Make a paste out of baking soda, water and a pinch of salt. Brush with this paste like normal brushing. Rinse out well to remove all the soda. Baking soda is acidic and can erode enamel if used in excess, so avoid using this method more than twice a week.
2. Sugar free xylitol gums – Xylitol is a natural sweetener that actually help to prevent plaque.
Last but not the least, there are many over the counter products and kits available for home use. These are effective if the instructions are followed properly.
Talk to your dentist before using home remedies. Avoid overuse of any products andn stay sparkling.