A captivating red carpet celebrity like Pearly white smile is everyone’s fancy. It not only enhances your appearance but also elevates your confidence. The web is overladen with data about teeth whitening methods. It may be overwhelming for anyone who is on a quest to get whiter denticulate. Read ahead to filter out the best options among so many choices.
Expectation: Teeth whitening toothpaste and whitening strips is all I need
Reality: This one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t actually work for everyone. This is because whitening toothpaste and strips are usually effective at removing surface stains. If you have deeper stains then whitening toothpaste and strips may not be a relevant choice for you. Both methods have certain pros and cons to it.
- Not heavy on your pocket. Using toothpaste is the cheapest one while strips are also relatively inexpensive.
- Both methods are easy to use
- Whitening strips show results within a few days.
- As stated earlier, both methods remove surface stains only. They won’t take care of the deeper stubborn stains.
- Whitening toothpaste show results in a longer time.
- When used too often or the brushing technique is rough, It can wear down your tooth enamel. The result will be sensitive teeth which sometimes appear to be more yellow.
Expectation: Activated charcoal will come to the rescue
Reality: There is not enough scientific evidence to prove so. The pursuit of coming up with better teeth whitening products have made activated charcoal a popular addition in the toothpaste and teeth whitening kits. The truth is, it can’t change the yellow appearance of the teeth miraculously. Like other toothpaste, it may help in cleaning surface stains only.
Expectation: Natural ways are always safe and effective
Reality: The answer is ‘not always’. You should know the science behind them before trying them out. Just following a fad mentioned on the internet may cause more harm than good. For instance, rubbing lemon or banana peels can cause tooth enamel to wear away. The acids present to damage the outer covering making it appear yellow after prolonged use.
That said, you can give a whirl at some of them. There are testimonials of coconut oil working for yellow teeth. Similarly, coconut oil mixed with turmeric is another option worth considering.
Expectation: Electric toothbrush is not more than a marketing gimmick
Reality: An electric toothbrush is an effective way to combat staining, resulting in whiter teeth. They are handier than manual toothbrushes in cleaning your teeth and removing plaque. Again it is for those people out there who do not have deep stubborn stains as it helps to keep surface stains at bay.
Expectation: Professional teeth whitening is a miracle solution
Reality: Well, it may seem so but it comes with its set of conditions. It may or may not be an ideal solution for everyone.
- Works well on stubborn stains
- When done under professional supervision it is safe for enamel and tooth health.
- People with permanent teeth and good oral health can benefit from it.
- Quick results
- Some patients complain of sensitivity after the procedure is over.
- Expensive when compared to regular procedures or products.
- Not an option If you have problems like tender gums or a receding gum line.
- Tooth-colored fillings, crowns, and caps are not to be whitened like the rest of your teeth by this method.
- Must only be done in a professional setting.
Expectation: Teeth will remain white forever after a treatment
Reality:‘Not really’ because every good thing comes with an expiry date including teeth whitening procedures. Although this won’t happen quickly eventually it will. Taking precautions while drinking stain leaving drinks like tea, coffee, dark-colored soda or wine can slow down the process. Getting treatments at a span of a few months will help keep up that bright smile.
Now that you have an idea what are the options available, choose what suits your needs. Always consult a professional healthcare provider before administering any of the procedures stated above which lands you 32smiles for a best dental service. Your bright and warm smile can make someone’s day. Keep smiling!!