With the advancement in technology as well as lifestyle, people are becoming more aware and conscious about health. Today’s generation understands the importance of good health and its relation to productivity but still tend to neglect their oral health and dental health.
Negligence and carelessness with dental health may make way for periodontitis (a serious gum disease), bacterial infection, tooth cavities among others. Hence, it becomes essential to devote proper attention to your dental health.
Below are 5 Basic Tips to maintain your dental health:
Brush Twice A Day
The idea of brushing the teeth before going to bed is highly underrated. The reason why a lot of emphases is laid on brushing before going to bed and after waking up is to deal with the response of the bacteria residing in the mouth in relation to the food particles that stick in our mouth.
When the food particles are not removed, it allows the residing bacteria to convert that particle into acid in a reaction with saliva. Acidic components in the mouth can a lay a foundation of the plaque which has the capability of damaging enamel of the tooth resulting in a dental cavity. Hence, it’s very important to brush your teeth twice as a precaution against cavity.
Learn more about our Brushing.
Using Fluoridated Toothpaste
The enamel of a tooth comprises of crystals of minerals which it gains and losses every day. Loss of mineral crystals from enamel occurs because of action of plaque bacteria on the tooth. The process is called demineralization which is recovered by the action of minerals like fluoride, calcium and phosphorous with saliva, termed as remineralization.
When the minerals in the enamel become deficient, it results in tooth decay. Fluoride is a rich-mineral which helps in thickening and strengthening of the enamel being prevention against tooth decay. Hence, the use of fluoride-rich toothpaste is recommended to avoid cavities.
Learn more about Oral Health here.
Use Dental Floss
Dental floss is extremely helpful in removal of minute particles which an ordinary toothbrush fails to remove. In addition to it, dental floss helps in the brightening of teeth and acts as prevention against plaque, tartar and bad breathe. Use of floss complements the effectiveness of a toothbrush and ensures wholesome oral health.
Avoid Junk Food
Junk food is rich in acids. Consumption of excessive acids is harmful to dental health as they create scope for plaque and tartar. Also, as a matter fact, acidic food harms the white enamel of teeth and may result in discoloration. Hence, avoiding junk food helps in maintaining dental health.
Visit a dentist regularly
Lastly, it is very important to visit a dentist at regular intervals especially in the case of gum bleeding, toothache etc. Apart from these problems, one should visit a dentist for regular check-ups for the maintenance of good dental health.
- 32SMILES is an orthodontic and dental care clinic in Pune, Maharashtra. We provide all kinds of dental treatments for various alignment and adjustment problems for crooked teeth, gapped teeth, underbite, overbite, open bite among others.
- Our agenda is to provide dependable and affordable dental care solutions as per the requirement of the case.
- We assure our patients of comfortable and reliant solutions to their varied dental problems. Our experts at 32SMILES are always there to assist as well as provide appropriate treatment for your dental problems.
- 32Smiles is proud to be one amongst the 1% platinum providers of Invisalign in India.
- We also have the option of easy installment scheduling without any interest in Invisalign treatments.
- At 32Smiles, we ensure using the latest technologies like 3D Scanner and CAD CAM machinery to give the best and quality treatment.